Menu
Expat.com

How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Last activity 17 October 2024 by Juniar Fajrien

beppi

Mycareersfuture is the new name of the government jobs bank for (only) local applicants. Foreigners can only be hired on jobs that were posted there for two weeks with no suitable candidate applying.
Thus your wife's company CANNOT make or announce a decision on hiring her before the two weeks are over.
This is stipulated by law, so treating it as a formality would be illegal.

goblueforever

Has anyone seen any movement in the past week?  My sense, based on my employer's follow-ups with MOM, is that they are pretty overwhelmed with the large number of applications they are seeing post-CB, and so everything has slowed down.  But maybe that's just for me.

hyhyhy

EP Application Appeal has been pending for more than 7 weeks, anyone encountering long processing time like me?

SacShe

Same here. Approval now pending now for 7 weeks and nothing in sight so far. Crossing my fingers. Good luck

sam1027

Hello Everyone,

Can some one confirm weather MOM or ICA Started the entry permit approval for IPA (EP) approval candiate want to enter in singapore.

My EP approved in March but due to C.B not able to enter.

My agency informed me last week once SG government eases on allowing foreign worker back to SG then they will Mobilise me.

Your input will be appreciable.

Thanks.

Sam

hyhyhy

Hello SacShe, have you worked in Singapore before?

Marzipan007

My pass renewal has been pending for a week:

- pass will expire by end of October
- currently in Singapore
- essential service (local bank)
- previous approvals took only 2 days to a week

With the backlogs post-CB, the waiting game continues...

raymondong96

Hello everyone!

I am currently holding an EP, working in construction industry for 8 months already. My EP expire on next year  Sep 2021 and my contract with my current company ends in end of Oct this year 2020. I have few questions I wanted to ask:

1. I am thinking about switching to other companies, do you think it is a good time to change company within this year?

2. If I want to apply for other company, is there a possibility the next company will not be able to apply EP for me?

3. If I want to apply for other company now, and the company offer me a job, can the company apply the work pass for me while I am still working with my current company? Or I have to wait until my current company cancel my EP then only the next company can apply work pass for me?

Appreciate very much if anyone can answer my questions.

beppi

1. If you can find a job, now is as good as any other time.
2. and 3. They can apply at any time - but of course it is not assured that they can get it.

raymondong96

I see, thanks for the reply.

Just to confirm, does it mean there is no need for my current company to cancel my current work permit in order for my next company to submit the work pass application for me?

beppi

Please read related discussions on the forum to see if your question ws already answered, before posting the same again. We have explained this a number of times!

SacShe

hello hyhyhy - Yes. I have been working in Singapore for 3.5 years. This EP is for a new company.

kdb64

Hi Beppi thanks. When you say they cannot make a decision before the 14 day period, does it also mean they can't send out rejections in case they do not want to proceed with her ?

beppi

Rejections are of course possible at any time.

goblueforever
SacShe wrote:

hello hyhyhy - Yes. I have been working in Singapore for 3.5 years. This EP is for a new company.

Can I check what your status is showing as?  Is it "pending" or something else?

SacShe

It says "pending"

goblueforever

Yeah, mine is stuck at the "we need to check with other agencies" stage.  It does seem like MOM is pretty backed up, rather than there being some fundamental issue with our applications.  My employer has already followed up a few times and each time MOM tells them to check back in a week, so who knows how long this is going to take.  Fingers crossed.

SacShe

How long you have been waiting for?
Same here. My employer has been calling MOM every week and a standard response is we will let you know in a weeks time but no response.  My guess is if they wanted to reject then they would have rejected by now but I am afraid that delay in approval should not cost revoking of offer letter. Agree can't do much without crossing fingers at this stage. Update your status in case there  you get an approval.

goblueforever

It will have been six weeks as of this Friday.  My previous EP application process was far more streamlined.

clayderman2109

Your pass is a new application or appealing one? My pass is being appealed and can I still check the status online? Thanks for ur help.

SacShe

Mine is a new application. When did they reject your application? I mean after what of application MOM rejected your application?

weng93

FYR

My ep application,
Date applied: 30th June
Date approved: 15th July

Good luck everyone.
Fighting!

goblueforever
weng93 wrote:

FYR

My ep application,
Date applied: 30th June
Date approved: 15th July

Good luck everyone.
Fighting!

Congrats!  Was this for a change of jobs or was it a brand new EP?

weng93

Change job.
Previously S pass holder.

Marzipan007

Approved this morning  wink.png

Marzipan007 wrote:

My pass renewal has been pending for a week:

- pass will expire by end of October
- currently in Singapore
- essential service (local bank)
- previous approvals took only 2 days to a week

With the backlogs post-CB, the waiting game continues...

lingling40

Hi everyone,

Just want to share my EP timelines for reference.

Applied: July 6
Approved: July 17

New application, first job in SG currently outside SG

Best of luck to everyone!

clayderman2109

Congrats hope you don’t mind sharing what industry you’re in. Is it essential? Congrats again.

forest17

Hi all, just wanna share my ep timeline.

Applied: May 18 (Rejected within 8 hours, reason: covid-19)
Appealed: July 6
Approved: July 20

New application, first job in SG, currently outside SG, sector IT.
Good luck smile.png

lingling40

Thank you!

Not sure if it is counted as essential but the industry is telco

Silvercode

Hi Weng,

May I know what was the salary increment when you changed from S pass to EP?

Energy123
sam1027 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Can some one confirm weather MOM or ICA Started the entry permit approval for IPA (EP) approval candiate want to enter in singapore.

My EP approved in March but due to C.B not able to enter.

My agency informed me last week once SG government eases on allowing foreign worker back to SG then they will Mobilise me.

Your input will be appreciable.

Thanks.

Sam

We have the same situation. Does anyone have an update on this? My IPA is set to expire on Sept 10, 2020 if unclaimed.

sam1027

i am still waiting

Osman2104

Hi Gentlemen,
This question may not related to the title. But i do really need your advice.
I am a work permit holder and recently I got a new job and new employer applied S pass for and it has been approved now. So  I made my resignation giving reason personal&financial issues(didnt say I got spass) at current job and they agreed and also said I have to go back my home country as soon as my wp is cancelled. I called MOM and asked advise and officer said that you dont need to go back and your employer need to choose an option “ Woker obtained spass” when they cancel your work permit.
I worry that my current employer wont agree with that and they might keep saying you must go back. What should I do if they said so? Can I go ahead the process to to issue new spass? Is that possible? I am gonna call my current employer in next week and I need your advices. Thank you so much for reading.

beppi

Whatever they say, they can’t (and won’t) lock you up and force you onto a plane home.
Just tell them truthfully that you have a continuous visa and will stay on in Singapore.

Osman2104

Hi Beppi ,Thank you for your reply. I understand that they cannot force me to go back . My concern is just that they would keep saying we will not agree to choose that option and you must go back as soon as your wp is cancelled. Earlier they said they can only cancel my wp when there is a confirmed flight. So they could be holding up cancelling my wp by reason of no flight. Anyway,I will nicely request them to help me. Hope that would work! Thank you for your time.

mikomido
mikomido wrote:

Hi All!

EP application Applied 12 March.
Still Pending 108 days (Vetting Agencies)
Currently, in Singapore

Hi All!

My EP was approved today. After months of waiting it feels like wins a lottery.

Good luck for waiters!

SacShe

Congratulations Mikomido! Any reason why they kept you waiting for so long? I have been now waiting for 70 days and still no sight of approval. Your outcome is encouraging though so thanks for letting us know.

Ceeeee

Hello everyone, usually after your pass is approved, the IPA letter will be sent immediately or it might take several days? My pass has been approved from last Saturday but the employer has not sent me the IPA letter. I’m going to surrender my Student’s Pass this Thursday, in case the ICA officer asks me about next plan, if I said my work pass is approved but I don’t have the IPA letter, can they find my application status in the system? Thank you so much!

shanesl2

Hi There

How about the current situation in Singapore about DB/EP approval?
Still considering about only within Singapore

Henem75

Hello,
EP applied on 21/05
Rejected on 22/05
Appealed on 29/05
APPROVED on 28/07
*Already in Singapore
*Tech company non essential sector
Good luck to everyone waiting

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles