Last activity 17 October 2024 by Juniar Fajrien

GuestPoster292
ADP2010 wrote:

Applied on 31st July 2020, still pending

U in sg or outside sg ?

ADP2010

@SG, how about you?

zell10_10

Applied for EP but S Pass is given instead. Currently outside of singapore. Anyone knows what could be the consequences?

Riptide

Date of Application: June 2, 2020
Approval Date: August 17, 2020
Field: I.T.
Application Type: New Company

Finally, after two months, it is now approved.

SacShe

Congratulations Riptide. Any reason why it got delayed?

babyderpina

Congratulations Riptide! Within the 2 months (76 days) processing, were you ever rejected or you just had to wait that long to be approved?

goblueforever
Riptide wrote:

Date of Application: June 2, 2020
Approval Date: August 17, 2020
Field: I.T.

Finally, after two months, it is now approved.

Congrats!  Was your employer checking regularly with MOM during the waiting period, and if so, did they give a reason why it was held up?

Also, can I check what your status showed as in the system until it was approved?

ytluafeel

Date of Application: Aug 6, 2020
Approval Date: Aug 18, 2020
Field: IT

Note: From SPass to EP. The status stays on Pending then Approved. I wrote a script to check it hourly and message me when it changed, there's no intermediate state in between (unless it's within the 1 hour gap).

GuestPoster292
ytluafeel wrote:

Date of Application: Aug 6, 2020
Approval Date: Aug 18, 2020

Note: From SPass to EP. The status stays on Pending then Approved. I wrote a script to check it hourly and message me when it changed, there's no intermediate state in between (unless it's within the 1 hour gap).

grats. possible to share with me the script ? (:

ADP2010

Congratualtions

ytluafeel

Thank you

clayderman2109

Hi guys,

My prev company withdrew my approved S Pass on 27/07 due to their financial issues. I found a new company and they applied for my pass yesterday. But the status shown on EP online is still withdrawn (with the old application info).

I thought it should be pending with the new application. Anyone has any idea why the old info still remains? Is the system not yet updated?

Appreciate your help. Thanks all.

vikas_sinha75
clayderman2109 wrote:

Hi guys,

My prev company withdrew my approved S Pass on 27/07 due to their financial issues. I found a new company and they applied for my pass yesterday. But the status shown on EP online is still withdrawn (with the old application info).

I thought it should be pending with the new application. Anyone has any idea why the old info still remains? Is the system not yet updated?

Appreciate your help. Thanks all.

Are you using option 4? If so, use option 1, 2 or 3 instead, which requires

Option 1:  your FIN number and application date
Option 2: Travel Doc number and DOB
Option 3: Application Number and Date of Application.

If with these 3 options, you are still seeing the old status, then either you are logging in wrong info or the application has not been made yet.

Take Care and Stay safe.

Afihde

Has anyone here got approved for Dependent Pass? Can share the timeline and current location?

Ronaldo1121
Ronaldo1121 wrote:

anyone get their EP approved this month?

I applied on 3/8/2020

now still pending

finance sector

approved on 16/8/2020

SacShe

Clayderman - It generally takes 2 to 3 days to change the online status to "pending" after application is submitted to MOM. If this is not the case then check with your employer and MOM.

beppi

Read existing forum discussions: This question has been answered many rimes!

cxhing

have focus for this forum for a long time which I think it's very useful. Just want to share my EP application:

Date of Application: Aug 12, 2020
Approval Date: Aug 21, 2020

I am currently holding SVP, hope can be helpful for you guys.

Riptide

For the previous questions, sorry I just saw them.

Thanks a lot! No reasons at all. HR was calling them every week but the same response was provided to them, "will be escalated to the proper department".

My application wasn't rejected as well. It was just in PENDING state for 70+ days.

Jeon22

Hi,

Did MOM extend your stay here in Singapore? Did you apply by yourself or your ex-company applied for you? Thanks

Jeon22

Hi,

Hope can help me.
New company applied Spass for me but after 1 week it was rejected. Now the company will try to appeal for it. I am currently in Singapore, unfortunatelly my SVP will expire on 29th August. Is there a chance I can extend my stay? Where should I need to go? MOM or ICA?

I saw a post from Guest293 that he/she went to MOM to ask for extension on the day of his/her SVP expiration. But he/she did not update if it was successful or not.

Chloe0818

If you just resign then you should go MOM do the extend. Remember go queue on early morning to get the number. If you stay in Singapore with white card then just online apply through ICA website.

Jeon22

Is it ok to go to MOM personally and apply for extension of stay by my own? Coz my ex-company HR is not cooperative and doesn't want to help me.

sg1981

Ep applied 21/07/2020
first request for more docs - 29th
docs submitted 21st Aug
second request for more docs - 24th Aug
docs submitted 25th Aug
Ep approved - 26th Aug

cheers

beppi
Jeon22 wrote:

Is it ok to go to MOM personally and apply for extension of stay by my own? Coz my ex-company HR is not cooperative and doesn't want to help me.

They do not normally entertain job seekers, but in your special situation: No harm trying - what do you have to lose?

zeus995879

Currently I am outside SG. If my new employer applies for EP will my old employer knnow (while applying for my entry approval?)

LadyOtacon

Hi everyone,

I have a strange experience with my pass application. When my application was applied last 17 AUG 2020, it said:

Pass Type: Employment Pass

Then today, I saw it with the following details:

Pass Type: S Pass

Is it safe to assume that when my employer has submitted the application, they submitted an employment pass (E pass) instead of what should have been an S Pass (which is the original pass to be applied)? I thought it was strange to see "Employment Pass" when it was submitted, then suddenly it was "S Pass" on the day it was rejected.

Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

beppi
zeus995879 wrote:

Currently I am outside SG. If my new employer applies for EP will my old employer knnow (while applying for my entry approval?)

Please read existing forum discussions before posting: This question has been answered numerous times.

beppi
LadyOtacon wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a strange experience with my pass application. When my application was applied last 17 AUG 2020, it said:

Is it safe to assume that when my employer has submitted the application, they submitted an employment pass (E pass) instead of what should have been an S Pass (which is the original pass to be applied)? I thought it was strange to see "Employment Pass" when it was submitted, then suddenly it was "S Pass" on the day it was rejected.

Your employer probably ticked the “consider S-Pass if ineligible for EP” option in the application form. Thus your EP was rejected first and then the S-Pass - which is the newest status, correctly shown.

LadyOtacon
beppi wrote:
LadyOtacon wrote:

Hi everyone,

Your employer probably ticked the “consider S-Pass if ineligible for EP” option in the application form. Thus your EP was rejected first and then the S-Pass - which is the newest status, correctly shown.

I see. Is it possible that MoM has rejected the overall application because the employer considered an E Pass but saw my application only eligible for S Pass? Do you have any idea/exp if this happens?

beppi
LadyOtacon wrote:

I see. Is it possible that MoM has rejected the overall application because the employer considered an E Pass but saw my application only eligible for S Pass? Do you have any idea/exp if this happens?

No, this is not how MoM works.

zeus995879

zeus995879 :

Please read existing forum discussions before posting: This question has been answered numerous times.

Hi Beppi,

I did search before posting but couldnt find the relevant thread. Please help point towards that thanks

beppi

The search function is on top right of the page. One of the key words could be EPOnline.

zeus995879
beppi wrote:

The search function is on top right of the page. One of the key words could be EPOnline.

No I think you misunderstood me. I know from eponline they can definitely firgure out. My question is lets say my EP is applied.. When my current company applies for ENTRY APPROVAL https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e3cbabee41f590012014e91 . Will my current company see at any point that I have a pending application. Yes they can do by EPOnline but will there be a reason to go to ep online while applying for my ENTRY APPROVAL

beppi

I don’t know how entry approval is applied for, but the employer can at any time and for any reason check EPOnline.

xelon

Hi everyone,

I am changing job and this is my experience of applying EP in the new company:

EP applied on : 17/08/2020
Rejected on : 28/08/2020

My company told me that they have appealed on the same day.

As of today, EPOnline still show the application as Rejected. Will I see the status of Appeal in the EPOnline?

Thank you.

Sapphire17

Hi xelon,
Do you have idea for the reason of rejection?

LadyOtacon

Hi all,

I got the reason for rejection and it says, "Your application is not successful. If your candidate is currently in Singapore, you may wish to appeal for our consideration. Otherwise, you may wish to apply again when the additional safe distancing measures are lifed."

I am not sure what that implies, but I guess it's because of Covid? Did anyone get the same reason?

Thanks.

beppi

LadyOtacon: Please read existing forum discussions before posting - this has been answered before!

SacShe

Date of EP application - 20 May 20

Date of approval - 2 Sep 20

It took exactly 15 weeks for approval. Thanks all for your inputs.

I gate crashed MOM office this Mon. Quite a few people discouraged me by saying that MOM will not entertain. To my surprise MOM officer told me the exact reason where application is stuck and also raised an emergency escalation notice for me. I have learned a lot during this 3.5 months and would like to share with people who need it. By no means I am an expert but please feel free to PM me or else will voluntarily answer your questions in this forum.

Good luck to people who are waiting. Your approval is also on the way! Patience indeed pays handsome dividends.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles