Menu
Expat.com

How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Last activity 17 October 2024 by Juniar Fajrien

gon0411
no_1 wrote:

Hey friends,

Applied for new EP before 1 month (job change), currently in Singapore on EP. MOM is asking for doc verification from dataflow. Can anyone help with below query?

Can dataflow complete the verification in < (less than) 15-20 days ?''

Anyone wants to share their experience with dataflow please share.

Thanks in advance.

I will recommend using RMI instead of Dataflow.

Dataflow is cheaper but takes longer processing time (SGD 110 and 30-35 working days), while RMI is more expensive but takes shorter processing time (SGD 190 and 15-20 working days).

In my case, RMI finished the degree check within 5 working days but only shared the full report after 19 working days from the order date. But it's still faster than Dataflow. I haven't received the report from Dataflow yet because their expected release date is 1st Dec.

P.s: I know that you can choose 1 agency. However, at that time, I was so depressed when I realized that Dataflow gonna take 30-35 working days for the degree check report after the payment. Thus I also registered with RMI, and that was my wise decision I must say.

no_1
gon0411 wrote:
no_1 wrote:

Hey friends,

Applied for new EP before 1 month (job change), currently in Singapore on EP. MOM is asking for doc verification from dataflow. Can anyone help with below query?

Can dataflow complete the verification in < (less than) 15-20 days ?''

Anyone wants to share their experience with dataflow please share.

Thanks in advance.

I will recommend using RMI instead of Dataflow.

Dataflow is cheaper but takes longer processing time (SGD 110 and 30-35 working days), while RMI is more expensive but takes shorter processing time (SGD 190 and 15-20 working days).

In my case, RMI finished the degree check within 5 working days but only shared the full report after 19 working days from the order date. But it's still faster than Dataflow. I haven't received the report from Dataflow yet because their expected release date is 1st Dec.

P.s: I know that you can choose 1 agency. However, at that time, I was so depressed when I realized that Dataflow gonna take 30-35 working days for the degree check report after the payment. Thus I also registered with RMI, and that was my wise decision I must say.

Thanks @gon0411 for insightful information.

I understand that RMI will be faster option but MOM has specifically asked for dataflow verification.

I also wanted to check with you that can we apply by ourselves for verification of Dataflow/RMI or only employer can do that? If yes then could please provide some info on that?

I would really appreciate your response on this. thanks in advance.

gon0411
no_1 wrote:

Thanks @gon0411 for insightful information.

I understand that RMI will be faster option but MOM has specifically asked for dataflow verification.

I also wanted to check with you that can we apply by ourselves for verification of Dataflow/RMI or only employer can do that? If yes then could please provide some info on that?

I would really appreciate your response on this. thanks in advance.

From my experience, I can order the degree verification by myself with both RMI and Dataflow. My employer requested me to do it by myself then sent them back the result. But Dataflow's form requires some employer's information while RMI doesn't. The dataflow form filling is also a bit more time consuming.

no_1

Thanks @gon0411, for making effort and providing very useful information.

Really appreciate it.

gon0411

Hi all, this is my timeline:

Type: S Pass
Job: Research (in a public university)
Applied: November 23
Approved: December 5

New application, first full-time job in SG. The HR applied for Employment Pass but I got S Pass instead.

I held Work Holiday Pass before. Currently on Short Term Visit Pass.

Good luck smile.png

ppr12
gon0411 wrote:

Hi all, this is my timeline:

Type: S Pass
Job: Research (in a public university)
Applied: November 23
Approved: December 5

New application, first full-time job in SG. The HR applied for Employment Pass but I got S Pass instead.

I held Work Holiday Pass before. Currently on Short Term Visit Pass.

Good luck smile.png

Congratulations! Which university is it? I have been waiting for my outcome for more than two weeks.

benoit_lh

Hi everyone,

Sharing my experience with work pass below.

Profile : 30 years, french, Master degree, working in a french company for 5 years, currently outside singapore
Sector : retail
Job : Store Manager
Applied : EP - 29 september 2020 (Govt has finally changed to Spass after)
Rejected : 6 october 2020
Reason : 1) the candidate is not in Singapore 2) The govt is strict on the passes issued due to the unemployment rate of the locals here

Applied : EP - 02 december 2020
Approved : 9 december 2020 (EP given)

About one week for MOM to give the answer whether it is rejected or approved. You can not imagine how I was when I have seen "approved"  online after waiting for 6 months! My experience might not reflect the situation of everyone but I am sharing some key takeaways after trying to analyse the whole process

1/ Your sponsor is key, and they have to show to MOM that you are needed in the city either it is to develop the company in SG or to train the locals. In SG, my company is employing a lot of locals and it seems they are not really suffering with the covid situation, so in addition to me, they are also currently hiring locals.

2/ I have been working in the same company, respectively in France, India and now Singapore. May be it has helped for the process, as I have trained people in India and I will be able to do the same in SG

3/ Patience is key!

Thanks to Beppi and all the other guys for insights, this forum is really helpful, mostly in this tough situation!
All the best!

Swatii

Did you get  ? Finally after 2 weeks

happiexgrli

Hello,

These threads are super helpful for expats, seems like a very helpful community. I would like some advice on my EP chances:

Nationality: Dual TW/US
Company: Large 100+ employee MNC in Software
Experience: Internal transfer - been with this company for 14 years, 17 years in the industry
Role: Sr. Director - Middle management
Salary: 25,000 SGD/month
Education: High school aka None

The question is around education. MOM says degree or relevant professional experience,. I'm currently in the exact same role in Europe, but company is asking me to grow ASEAN region. I started at this job when it was a start-up and then got acquired by the current company, my records show employed since 2006. Do you think I will get rejected if I don't have a college degree?

beppi

Happiexgrli: Above a certain income threshold, no degree is needed to get an EP. I am not sure where this threshold is now, but certainly below your S$25k/month. So I don’t think you’ll have a problem. But please come back and report your result here!

happiexgrli

Thank you Beppi, I will definitely report back.

Swatii

Hey how to get visit pass ?

Swatii

What is the difference between S pass and E pass ?

beppi

Swatii: Please read the ICA and MoM webpages and/or related discussions in this forum to get some basic understanding about the visa types available for Singapore.
There is no need to ask such fundamenal questions as in your two posts above again and again!

Swatii

Ok I try to delete but unable

Swatii

Does this company have citizens and PR

beppi
Swatii wrote:

Does this company have citizens and PR

Which company???

Swatii

Sorry I was replying to someone , again wrong message ! Sorry unable to delete

GuestPoster0507

Hi, I would like to share my journey here since I have been silently relied on this forum to get through this tough time.

My company had submitted three (3) applications, first one happening in June 2020 for EP (rejected, appealed, rejected again, suggested to apply after the safety measure is lifted), second in September 2020 for SP (same result as the first EP application), and lastly, as follows:

Visa Type: Employment Pass
Industry: IT
Applicant's Location: Out of Singapore

[Timeline]
Job Posting Date: 8 December 2020
Application Date: 9 December 2020
10 - 27 December 2020 (?) : Waiting for other agencies, will take up to 4 weeks approximately
Approval Date: 28 December 2020

Third time's a charm, eh? ^^a

Also, one of my friends is applied for EP, following the same timeline I share above, and her EP application (this is her second application; first application is rejected like mine) is also approved.

I think we can safely assume that Phase 3 is equivalent to "safety measure is lifted". So, guys, don't lose hope! Thank you everyone for the information you have given in this forum.

Sumitjohari

Hi I am also looking for EP pass.my employer is waiting for situation once Normal.then we can submit the application.any one getting new IPA letter

Sumitjohari

Are you from which location. i am also looking for EP pass. i am from india.

GuestPoster0507
Sumitjohari wrote:

Are you from which location. i am also looking for EP pass. i am from india.

I'm currently residing in Indonesia.

avinashjha

As relied by Beppi and Surya - multiple times - MOM has started approving EP for candidates outside Singapore but the rules are still very strict. I am not aware of anyone from India getting new EP approved yet. Also EP approval will be granted faster for in-demand jobs like Data Anlaysis and Cybersecurity. Someone’s EP getting approved has no guarantee that yours too will get approval as it’s case to case basis. If you employer is suggesting to wait then there’s nothing much you can do.

Good luck.

ayaan6

hi everyone. who got EPASS recently. please can anybody EP approved person can tell for how much salary got Ep approved? and which setor?

Sumitjohari

Hi ,

I am lokking for the same info as well.anyone got the new IPA approval ?

Sumitjohari

Hi ,

Please sugget any criteria changes for EP pass salry structures ?

avinashjha

There’s no common salary structure per se except minimum salary criteria. It depends on your experience and field. So no one can answer this question for you. You may check EP/SP eligibility tool on EPOL website

avinashjha

The minimum salary criteria was changed and is published on MOM website.

GuestPoster0507
ayaan6 wrote:

hi everyone. who got EPASS recently. please can anybody EP approved person can tell for how much salary got Ep approved? and which setor?

My friend and I are in mid/early 20s, and work in IT sector (not data analytics nor cyber security). Our company is a modest IT project based company actively participating in government tenders. We graduated from a reputable university in our home country, took IT major and had a relatively okay GPA. We only have 1 year of working experience. The salary stated in our EP applications are not far from the minimum salary stated in EP requirements.

We assume that we get the EP IPAs because
(1) We are not highly experienced, and the job does not have that high of a value (but still meeting the EP requirement), which do justice to the salary amount that barely exceeds the minimum criteria.
(2) Reputable university, major taken matching the job position applied, acceptable GPA.
(3) Our company has a decent reputation and is currently involved in several IT projects of SG government. And, our company is very persistent in applying EP for us despite rejections as they couldn't hire locals who are suitable for the job (job scope and salary wise).
(4) Relatively young. (SG has an aging population, so it probably will "invest" more on young people. It is evident by how they grant scholarship for ASEAN, Indian and Chinese kids to study in sec sch, JC and uni in hope that these youngsters would turn to be PR at the very least, shown by how easy it is to get PRs during their uni years.)
(5) The rejection reason for previous applications are naturally addressed: safety measure is relatively lax in Phase 3.

I understand that uncomfortable feeling, where you cannot get more information needed to even get hold of "what's going on?" However, it is of multi-dimensional complexity, beyond the mere combination of the sector and the salary amount. Each application is relatively unique and distinctive from other applications.

So, I hope you can get meaningful findings (please do navigate around this forum; almost all basic information you need to know has already been provided) to set a more accurate expectation, not false hopes nor false discouragement.

Good luck, and cheers!

krissanfrancisco

Hi there,

I'm currently in a similar situation with you. I received a similar mail from MOM. I've reasons to believe that it's because they haven't interviewed any locals (it showed in their application form that they've interviewed 5 foreigners and 0 locals / PRs) which was already a red flag to me, but I didn't raise it because I thought this was being managed properly by the immigration team.

Do you have any more insights to share? Are you still waiting? Do you know what the requirements are for the employer?

I suspect this is MOM's way of delaying and encouraging my employer to hire more locals. My worry is that we'll wait for 3-4 months, and then get rejected in the end.

Thanks so much!

anhtu96

Hi all,
I’m from Vietnam and still living there. In August 2020 I signed a contract to work as a Project Officer (or Research Eng) at NTU. My pass type is SPass.
However, until now when I check for my info using Travel Doc No. and DOB on https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … Action.do, it says “No record found”. I ask my HR and she said that SPass approval may take around 6 months at this time.
Has anyone involved in a case like mine? I’m quite worried if MoM can reject my application after all the long time waiting because I’ve already resigned from my old job. sad.png. Thank you.

beppi

Anhtu: Logging in with your passport number seems to be unreliable. Get the application number or FIN from HR and try again.
Of course a rejection is possible, otherwise the process would be completed already. You should not have resigned from your previous job befpre the pass is approved!
Six months is extremely long. You can ask HR to contact MoM to find out what is delaying it.

kubernetes04

Hello Folks,

I am here to get some advice on my chances of EP being approved:

Nationality: Indian
New Application, I am currently in India
Company: MNC with approx. 1000 employees globally,
Experience: 6.5 years
Role: Cloud Engineer
Salary: 9,200 SGD/month
Highest Education: Master’s of Science (USA)

kubernetes04

happiexgrli: Did you get an update on your application?

avinashjha

Experience, domain, salary wise looks good chances. Only worrying thing is not being in SG and that too in India, which might cause delay.

beppi

Kubernetes: It is of course difficult to assess your chances based on the very limited set of information you gave in your message. At least your education (USA) is probably recognised, you have work experience (hopefully applicable to the new job) and the salary seems o.k. You can read about other important criteria in related threads on this forum.

kubernetes04

Thanks beppi and avinash for your replies.
How long does the processing time take? I understand from the MoM website that it usually takes 3 weeks to process the application. Do they have the outcome within 3 weeks or it gets extended as well considering no additional documents they require from their end.

beppi

Kubernetes: The work pass application process can take anywhere between a few days and several months. Please read the first post of this thread for the details!

Whitesneakers

Hi all!

I’m new in this forums. Hope anyone can Answer.

Filipino living in Singapore since Aug 2012, same job Spass holder working in social service sector
Now got a job offer with a new company and same industry.. start up with only 12employees

Applied new spass on 15 January. Any chance it will be approved?
(Btw, i applied for pr together with my husband in July 2020 but rejected in nov2020)

Thanks!

beppi

It is impossible, from the very limited information you gave, to assess your approval chances.
To get an idea of the criteria MoM applies, you should read the sticky thread "Criteria at MoM to approve a work pass" and other related discussions.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles